said 6 Aug 2023
Zuck v Musk fight will be live-streamed on X. All proceeds will go to charity for veterans.
— Elon Musk, primary source
Posted the same morning he said he was "lifting weights throughout the day, preparing for the fight." Over the next five days he added that the bout would be run by his and Zuckerberg's foundations rather than the UFC, and that he had spoken to Italy's prime minister and culture minister, who had "agreed on an epic location" where "everything in camera frame will be ancient Rome." Original post used the 𝕏 glyph; AP transcribed it as X.
What happened: The fight never happened and no money was raised. Zuckerberg said he had offered August 26 2023 and got no confirmation, then closed it out on August 13: "I think we can all agree Elon isn't serious and it's time to move on." Two days later Musk posted a recap of the affair beginning "I joked on X about fighting Zuck." Dana White confirmed in June 2026 that the Rome offer had been real — roughly $150 million to the Colosseum, earmarked for an Italian restoration fund — and that it collapsed when no date was ever set.
no deadline · resolved 15 Aug 2023
X post, Aug 6 2023 · archived